PC Users - Using SSH¶
These instructions are intended for PC users that want to download the Putty terminal emulator, connect to a Linux VPS without an SSH Key, generate an SSH key, and configure Putty to use the new SSH key. These steps are crucial for properly securing your Linux VPS from brute force password attacks.
- This section covers the following steps:
- Download the Putty terminal emulator
- Connect to a Linux VPS without using the Putty SSH client and without an SSH Key
- Generate an SSH key using PuttyGen
- Use an SSH key to log in to the Linux VPS (aka passwordless login)