MAC Users - Using SSH¶
These instructions are intended for Mac users that want to use the Terminal application to SSH into a Linux VPS. These steps also cover how to generate an SSH key and start using it to authenticate to the Linux VPS, rather than using the username and password. These steps are to be completed on the MAC computer that you will be using to manage the Linux VPS.
- If you have already generated an SSH key and are already using it to connect to the Linux VPS then proceed to the section to disable password logins and root login access.
- This section covers the following steps:
- Connect to a Linux VPS using the Terminal application, without using an SSH key
- Generate an SSH key using the Terminal application
- Use an SSH key to log in to the Linux VPS (aka passwordless login)