Cold Wallet Masternode Configuration File¶
This section is to provide MasterNode users with a template to use for the Cold wallet file masternode.conf. This file is updated during the setup of the Cold wallet. This section contains both a template and an example of what the file should look like once it is updated.
The file masternode.conf is located on the computer running the Cold wallet and can be found in the following directory:
- Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Rupayacore
- Windows: ~/AppData/Roaming/Rupayacore
Below is a template for the masternode.conf file. Every word in this template is a variable that needs to be replaced with your specific information:
alias IP:port masternodeprivkey collateral_output_txid collateral_output_index
- Replace alias with the node alias that you wish to use. For consistency sake, we recommend using MN1
- Replace IP with the external IP address of the Linux VPS MasterNode server.
- Replace port with 9050 which is the TCP port that is used by the wallet to establish connections.
- Replace masternodeprivkey with the masternode private key (aka GenKey) that you received as output from the rupaya-cli masternode genkey command on the Linux VPS.
- Replace collateral_output_txid with the txhash that you received as output from the masternode outputs command in the Cold wallet Debug Console.
- Replace collateral_output_index with the outputidx that you received as output from the masternode outputs command in the Cold wallet Debug Console.
Below is an example of what the newly added line in the masternode.conf file will look like once you have updated it will all of the required information. All of the information should be contained in a single line with no carriage returns:
MN1 18.104.22.168:9050 87LBTcfgkepEddWNFrJcut76rFp9wQG6rgbqPhqHWGvy13A9hJK c19972e47d2a77d3ff23c2dbd8b2b204f9a64a46fed0608ce57cf76ba9216487 1